SELECTION COMMITTEE: +38 (067) 519-75-77
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT CONCEPT OF PHEI «INSTITUTE OF PSYCHOLOGY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP»
“Nature gives potential to everyone, giving selﬁshness, instinct to be the best in the world, but few people know how to build, how to create themselves. From the point of view of instinct – everyone is ﬁrst and nobody is second. It is necessary to learn how to realize the instinct of superiority given by nature”.
(с) professor Antonio Meneghetti
Nowadays world of business offers many opportunities for development in various industries and areas of economic, but the main problem on the way to realize these opportunities is the lack of trained staff and low level of manager`s professionalism.
On one of the leading job search portals “rabota.ua” as of March 6, 2019, there were posted 54,171 vacancies and 3047103 resumes. That is 56 candidates apply for 1 vacant place at once. When any researcher sees such statistics, the first thing they think about is that this situation motivates applicants to be competitive, to grow as a person and professionally. But in fact, the situation is different.
In the labor market today, there are large number of candidates who do not take responsibility for the results of their activities and continue to insist on childish infantile strategies acquired in the primary dyadic communication. The usual formula “vacancy = experience + skills” no longer works. Participants in the business space are looking for a new approach to staff management that would bring results.
The educational market is also undergoing changes, modernization and the formation of new life attitudes for personal development. Today, there is confidence that the educational process should provide an opportunity to obtain reliable, necessary and confident knowledge, which is the foundation of a competent person. Modern society needs modernly educated, moral, enterprising and competent individuals, who are able to make responsible decisions in a situation of choice, predicting their possible consequences, who are able to choose ways of cooperation.
In the field of education, the world has developed five main conceptual approaches to the development of education: humanization and fundamentalization of education, democratization, integration and standardization, informatization, globalization and orientation to continuing education. Compliance with modern requirements in education requires the foundation of new educational institution, that would be able to integrate modern tools in education and direct them to the formation of a modern leadership personality that is endowed with a key competence in management – the competence of staff management. The managers who now possess this competence already created strong competitive teams and ensured continuous growth of their earnings. And neither economic crises, nor globalization, nor political cataclysms, nor any other processes that are usually used as reasons-alibis could affect this.
But what is the competence of staff management? How to manage effectively? Why have business economies learned how to manage processes, but so far, for the most part, have not understood how to manage people?
Professor A. Meneghetti devoted his work to the study of human, his psyche and, first of all, its unconscious. In his works, he writes that behind any success or failure is always a specific person. A person who has consciousness and unconsciousness.
It would seem that the well-known statement “The world is ruled by psychology” is clear to everyone and does not cause any doubt, but still in most universities that train managers, in MBA courses, in corporate universities, this subject is taught at the level of “fascinating psychology” and is not taken very seriously. And such a science as ontopsychology, which has made an invaluable contribution to the analysis and development of leadership potential, described the phenomenon of intuition, analyzed and described the problem of self-sabotage and explored many other discoveries and processes, is represented only in a few educational institutions in the world.
Thus, there was a need to create a new educational institution that would be able to provide the Ukrainian market with managers and HR-managers of the new formation.
The mission of the IPE is based on the principles of ontopsychological pedagogy – to teach a person to understand and create himself, to educate himself as a leader in this world, to develop the ability to win.
The strategic goal – to create an Institute – a scientific environment in Ukraine, which, based on the methodology of humanistic, existential psychology and methodology of ontopsychology, produces innovations and contributes the development of person’s creative potential, leadership and active life position.
The principles of the Institute’s development are based on the theory of ontopsychology. Ontopsychology (from the Greek Ὄντος [ontos] – the genitive participle form of the verb είμαι [eimi] (to be), λόγος [logos] (the study), and ψυχή [psyche] (soul) – means the study of mental processes in their primary relevance, including an understanding of being. Ontopsychology, in the words of its creator, the Italian philosopher, theologian and sociologist Antonio Meneghetti – “the return to the elementary knowledge that lays the foundation of a conscious, effective contact with the world of life or the reality of being, for the purpose of integral realization”.
It belongs to the humanistic and existential psychology, which considers the individual in the context of life path and creative potential. Ontopsychology recognize that “ontopsychology – not just practical science, it actually affirms a philosophy of life that includes not only mental health, perfection, success, but also an existential value and aesthetics of his existence”.
The achievement of this goal will be implemented according to the following strategic guidelines, which determine the main directions of the Institute’s functioning:
- The Institute’s educational process is based on the idea of an organic connection of science and education. One of the tasks is to preserve and deepen the principle of Liberal Arts Education as a necessary condition for the formation of a highly educated, creative personality – a leader.
- To ensure the formation of high-quality educational services in accordance with international standards and further integration of the Institute into the educational environment.
- The educational programs are based on innovative author’s courses, elements of problem-based learning are introduced in order to develop students‘ creative and critical thinking and acquire professional skills. The practice of comparing several teachers of one academic discipline according to the principles of interdisciplinarity has been introduced.
- To ensure the successful entry of graduates into the labor market, provide a combination of theoretical and applied aspects of training, implement the principles of dual education, strengthening cooperation with business, government agencies and non-governmental organizations in this direction.
- Create appropriate conditions for professional growth and professional development of the scientific and pedagogical staff of the Institute.
- Modern educational programs have been developed to meet the learning needs of all age groups of citizens on the principle of Life Long Learning. In particular, the development of educational programs «HR-management», «Business Psychology», «Communication Management» was provided.
- The Institute has implemented a system of attracting capable, responsible, active, creative people, who share the Institute’s values.
- To recognize the fight against plagiarism is determined by the general and extremely important task of the students and the teaching staff of the Institute.